The task of the Buddy Program is to make it easier for international students (degree seeking and incoming) to start their studies. Students from higher semesters take on a buddy mentorship for newly arriving international students for one semester and support them in finding their way in this unfamiliar environment. For example, they help with study organization, show interesting places in Potsdam or Berlin, and give practical advice that makes student life easier.
Buddies offer peer-to-peer advice, but do not replace official support from the film university. Rather, it is about supporting each other as fellow students and creating a warm environment for international student exchange.
Your advantages as an international student:
- You have a contact person at your side who knows the Film University from a student's point of view and can support you in case of acute problems.
- You will receive peer-to-peer advice
- Your buddy can help you to get in touch faster and to make contacts, also with people outside your study program class.
Your advantages as a Filmuni student:
- You have the opportunity to network with international students
- You can use the Buddy Program to prepare for your own stay abroad
- You can improve your language and intercultural skills
- You will receive 1 credit point for your participation in the free study program.
How to become a Buddy for international students?
How do I get a buddy?
By filling out this application form and sending it to buddy(at)filmuniversitaet.de in time before the start of your studies at the Filmuniversität. The International Office accepts all applications and will connect you with your buddy. The matching will be based on criteria such as study program, hobbies or special wishes (e.g. interest in certain countries).
Registration deadline is September 15 (winter semester) / March 15 (summer semester).
Jonathan from the MA Film Montage program coordinates the buddy program, and is the contact person for all matters concerning the buddies and the international students.