Prof. Dr. Klaus-Dieter Müller
Dr. Klaus-Dieter Müller was born in Schleswig-Holstein in 1951. He is a political and media scholar with a PhD degree from the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences of Universität Hamburg. Müller has been an honorary professor of media politics and entrepreneurship at Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF since 2004 and is director of the Institute of Occupational and Innovation Research in the Media (IBF e. V.).
Between 1996 and 2005, he was member of the state parliament of Schleswig-Holstein, deputy chairman of the Committee on Economic Affairs, Technology, and Transport, and member of the board of the Schleswig-Holstein Technology Foundation.
As a media entrepreneur, he is president and co-founder of Experimental Game GmbH and CEO of Climate Media Factory UG. Moreover, he is a visual artist, lyricist, author, coach, senior consultant, and chairman of the board of the Klaus-Dieter Müller Foundation for the Promotion of Young Artists and Media Professionals. Müller lives and works in Berlin.
Entrepreneurship, media and media politics
Research and Teaching Interests
- Freelance work in the media industry: career building via words, images, and non-verbal communication; self-marketing; networking as a cultural technique; business ideas in the creative industries and business plans; support and financing of business ideas in the film and creative industries; artists as freelancers – "earning money through art"
- International comparison of media and internet politics
- Narration in marketing and innovation management
- Klaus-Dieter Müller, Wolfgang Flieger, Jörn Krug (2011): Beratung und Coaching in der Kreativwirtschaft, Kohlhammer Verlag Stuttgart.
- Klaus-Dieter Müller (2013): Wissenschaft in der digitalen Revolution, Springer VS Wiesbaden.
- Klaus-Dieter Müller (2013): Erfolgreich Denken und Arbeiten in Netzwerken (2013), Springer VS Wiesbaden.
- Klaus-Dieter Müller, Cord Siemon (2016): Methoden für die Gründungsqualifizierung, Update International: Bewährtes und Neues, Verlag tredition Hamburg.
- Klaus-Dieter Müller (2016): Das iPhone und der liebe Gott, Wilhelm Finck Verlag Paderborn.
- Klaus-Dieter Müller (2016): Neues aus dem Schlaraffenland, Verlag tredition Hamburg.
- Klaus-Dieter Müller: Die Narration im Innovationsmanagement, In: Mieke/Siemon (eds.) (2017) Gründung und Innovation, Logos Verlag Berlin.
- As CEO of Climate Media Factory UG: Clean Tech Media Award 2012 (Germany), Deauville Green Award 2012 (France).
- As president of Experimental Game GmbH: Silver IQ Innovation Award Central Germany 2015, Innovation Award Berlin-Brandenburg 2015.
- Fellow of the Federal Government's Center of Excellence for the Cultural and Creative Industries.