We are happy about your interest in our study programs. Please find all the information you need concerning how to apply and all requested application materials.
The Digital Media Culture B.A. program is a degree program with restricted (NC-based) admission.
The admission process consists of:
- The submission of the documents specified in 1.1-1.3
- The subject-specific scholastic assessment test
- The selection interview
Applications are accepted only once a year for the Winter Semester. The application period is June 15, 2017 through July 15, 2017. Please note that this is a receipt deadline, not a postmark deadline.
1. Application materials
1. Application materials
All applicants have to submit the requested materials in section 1.1. to 1.2., section 1.3. applies only if the Higher Education Entrance Qualification was not obtained in Germany or at a German school abroad and the applicant does not have the German citizenship.
Please submit your application as one combined document with continuous page numbers, sorted in the following order and use loose binding, such as clip binders or plastic grips (no spiral, coil, comb or other fixed binding types).
Written application documents and work samples must be submitted in German.
1.1. General documents
1.2. University entrance qualification certificate
The university entrance qualification complies with §9, paragraphs 2 - 4 of the Brandenburg Higher Education Act.
German university entrance qualification certificate
- i.e. a copy of the certificate proving your general or specialized university entrance qualification; applicants who do not hold either of the certificates mentioned above / an equivalent certificate are asked to submit their most recent school certificate
International university entrance qualification certificate
International applicants holding a university entrance qualification from a non-German-speaking institution / foreign school must submit the certificates as original documents or copies, that have been legally certified. If certificates are not written in German or English, a legally certified translation must be included as an original document or a copy that has been legally certified.
Please note: for applicants from the People’s Republic of China, Mongolia and the Socialistic Republic of Vietnam special arrangements apply.
1.3. Language requirements
International applicants holding a university-entrance qualification from a non-German-speaking institution are required to show that they have achieved an overall rating of at least DSH-2 in the DSH ("Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang" / German Language Test for University Admission) test or provide an equivalent language certificate complying with the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Please submit a copy of the language certificate. Please inform about the accepted German language proficiency certificates of the study program.
Note: Further information if your German proficiency is lower than the required level.
2. Online Application
Only online applications will be accepted. The application form will be available / activated only during the application period.
Applicants holding a university entrance qualification from a country other than Germany must have their certificates tested and assessed by UNI-ASSIST. For further information, please click here.
Please note that the uni-assist application form by itself is not sufficient to take part in the application process at the Film University Babelsberg. In addition, you must apply directly at the Film University Babelsberg via the online application portal and hand in the VPD document together with the other requested documents by post during the application period as mentioned on the Film University homepage.
Please click here for the online application form.
3. Submit your application materials
Please submit the application materials after successful completion of the online application. Clearly indicate your name and applicant number (you will find the applicant number on the print-out of the online completed application form) on all application materials and send them to the following address within the stipulated deadline:
Filmuniversität Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF
Studiengang Digitale Medienkultur
- This is a receipt deadline, not a postmark deadline. Applicants who wish to personally submit their application documents can do so Monday through Friday at the university reception office / mail room.
- Postal items requiring the payment of C.O.D. or customs charges upon receipt will not be accepted.
- Applications that are incomplete and / or submitted after the specified deadline and / or for which the application fee has not been paid will not be processed.
- We will confirm the receipt of your application in writing. Please do not call us to inquire about your application status.
4. Subject-specific scholastic assessment test
After the end of the application period, all applicants must take a subject-specific scholastic assessment test. The printed test must be sent to Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF until (date TBA) in duplicate. The test comprises three sections dealing with television and film culture as well as media studies issues. Both the test result and the applicants' Abitur / university entrance qualification grade will be considered in the assessment of their aptitude for the program.
Based on their Abitur / university entrance qualification grade and the result achieved in the subject-specific scholastic assessment test, applicants will be invited for a selection interview that will last approx. 30 minutes.
Applicants are expected to show that they are able to:
- identify, describe, and evaluate esthetic processes in audio-visual digital media
- analyze and assess the creative means used in films, television, and new digital media
- approach media studies issues in a structured manner
- describe esthetic and economic developments in digital media culture
Normally, the results will be communicated in writing to the applicant no later than 4 weeks after the selection interview.