We are happy about your interest in our study programs. Please find all the information you need concerning how to apply and all requested application materials.
Please note: As both the application deadline and the process of assessing applicants' aptitude for the program might change, please make sure to visit our website on a regular basis for up-to-date information.
Students who wish to be admitted to the program must meet the admission criteria and successfully prove their artistic eligibility to enroll. The assessment of applicants' artistic eligibility encompasses the pre-selection process and the admission test, both of which will be conducted according to the applicable regulations and statutes of Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF.
Only online applications will be accepted. The application form will be available during the application period (please see section 2. online application).
Applications are accepted only once a year for the Winter Semester. The application period is January 2, 2020 through January 31, 2020. Please note that this is a receipt deadline, not a postmark deadline.
1. Application materials
All applicants have to submit the requested materials in section 1.1. to 1.4., section 1.3. applies only if the Higher Education Entrance Qualification was not obtained in Germany or at a German school abroad and the applicant does not have the German citizenship.
Please submit your application as one combined document with continuous page numbers, sorted in the following order and use loose binding, such as clip binders or plastic grips (no spiral, coil, comb or other fixed binding types).
Written application documents and work samples must be submitted in German.
1.1. General documents
- The signed print-out of the online completed application form
- Index (Please also list the work samples)
- A CV in tabular form highlighting parts related to your wish to enroll in the program.
- An explanation why you wish to enroll in the program (approx. 2 pages)
1.2. University entrance qualification certificate
The university entrance qualification complies with §9, paragraphs 2 - 4 of the Brandenburg Higher Education Act.
German university entrance qualification certificate
- i.e. a copy of the certificate proving your general or specialized university entrance qualification; applicants who do not hold either of the certificates mentioned above / an equivalent certificate are asked to submit their most recent school certificate
International university entrance qualification certificate
International applicants holding a university entrance qualification from a non-German-speaking institution / foreign school must submit the certificates as original documents or copies, that have been legally certified. If certificates are not written in German or English, a legally certified translation must be included as an original document or a copy that has been legally certified.
Please note: for applicants from the People’s Republic of China, Mongolia and the Socialistic Republic of Vietnam special arrangements apply.
1.3. Language requirements
International applicants holding a university-entrance qualification from a non-German-speaking institution are required to show that they have achieved an overall rating of at least DSH-1 in the DSH ("Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang" / German Language Test for University Admission) test or provide an equivalent language certificate complying with the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Please submit a copy of the language certificate. Please inform about the accepted German language proficiency certificates of the study program.
Note: Further information if your German proficiency is lower than the required level.
1.4. Work samples
- one or several piece(s) of prose writing (maximum total length: 10 pages)
- a dialogue scene (maximum 3 pages)
- an outline of a screenplay (5 pages maximum)
- a theoretical reflection on (not a retelling of) an audio-visual work that has left a lasting impression on you (1-2 pages)
All work samples should be in font size 12 with1,5 spacing.
Works samples are to be handed in digitally on USB stick as well as 3 bound print-outs.
Please save all texts in one pdf with your name and your applicant number.
3. Submit your application materials
Please submit the application materials after successful completion of the online application. Clearly indicate your name and applicant number (you will find the applicant number on the print-out of the online completed application form) on all application materials and send them to the following address within the stipulated deadline:
Filmuniversität Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF
Studiengang BA Drehbuch/Dramaturgie
- This is a receipt deadline, not a postmark deadline. Applicants who wish to personally submit their application documents can do so Monday through Friday at the university reception office / mail room.
- Postal items requiring the payment of C.O.D. or customs charges upon receipt will not be accepted.
- Applications that are incomplete and / or submitted after the specified deadline and / or for which the application fee has not been paid will not be processed.
- We will confirm the receipt of your application in writing. Please do not call us to inquire about your application status.
Based on the materials submitted, the admissions committee will decide which applicants will receive permission to take the admission test and inform them in writing.
5. Admission Test
Applicants are required to write a literary text based on an assignment they will receive together with the invitation to take the admission test. Applicants must submit their text no later than one week before their admission test date.
- Discussion on a work of media
- Analysis and discussion of storyline variations based on specific tasks
The espective works of media will be made vailable shortly before the admission test to all applicants.
The admission test results will be communicated in writing to the applicant no later than four weeks after the last test.
For questions related to the program, please contact the program office to book an academic advising appointment.