Meike Hauck studied Journalism, Theater and Film Studies in Leipzig and Berlin as well as Scenic Writing at Berlin University of the Arts (UdK). She was a member of the performance group Elizalde Area Code, lived and worked in New York and London, and traveled to Central and South America. She participated in author workshops held at Vienna's Burgtheater, the Royal Court Theatre in London, the Goethe-Institut in Santiago de Chile, and the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung in Candenabbia. In 2003, she was a German delegate to the World Interplay Festival in Townsville, Australia. Her plays have been staged at German and international theaters.
Together with director Matthias Luthardt, she wrote the screenplay for the feature film PINGPONG, which had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival.
In 2007, she worked for Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung as a freelance contributor. In addition to her involvement in numerous screenplay projects, she also worked as a dialogue author for the German telenovela VERLIEBT IN BERLIN.
In 2008, Hauck was awarded a residence scholarship by Künstlerhaus Lukas, Ahrenshoop. Besides, she was a visiting professor of story development at UdK Berlin in 2009. Together with director Bettina Blümner, she created the documentary theater play FAMILIENRAT and wrote the screenplay for MDR-TATORT: RENDEZVOUS MIT DEM TOD with co-author Clemens Schönborn.
Meike Hauck has been an artistic assistant in the Screenwriting / Dramaturgy program of Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF since 2011.
Research and Teaching Interests
- Screenwriting techniques
- Story development for cinema and television
- Adaptation of novels
- Serial formats
- BLAUER HIMMEL, radio play, first transmitted in 2003 by Radio Bremen
- MAD IN AMERICA, theater play, premiere in 2004 at Staatstheater Mainz
- SCHONZEIT, flash drama, premiere in 2005 at Staatstheater Tübingen
- HUND FRISST GRAS, theater play, premiere in 2006 at Staatstheater Stuttgart
- PINGPONG, feature film, DE 2006
- FAMILIENRAT, documentary theater play, premiere in 2011 at HAU Berlin
- TATORT: RENDEZVOUS MIT DEM TOD, TV detective series (episode), DE 2011
Selected Screenplay Projects
- DIE HOLDING, political thriller
- ROULA ROUGE, novel adaptation
- DIE HÖLLE, spy drama
- DIE RICHTIGMACHER, social drama
- DIE MITTAGSFRAU, novel adaptation