Director: Maksym Melnyk - 2022 - Filmuniversität Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF - 85 min.
In a remote village, whose name roughly means “a cold place”, this film looks for warmth in encounters. The Ukrainian village of Stuzhytsya is situated in the Carpathian Mountains in the border triangle between Poland and Slovakia. The three elderly female protagonists – a farmer, a post office clerk and a biologist – are firmly rooted in a place where hardly any young people are left in 2019, the year of Zelensky’s election victory. Over time, the film crew also becomes, at least temporarily, a valued part of the village community.
- 65. DOK Leipzig (2022)
- Duisburger Filmwoche (2022)
- FILMZ - Festival des deutschen Kinos (2022)
- DOK.fest München – Student Award (2023)
- Achtung Berlin – Competition (2023)
- Visions du Réel – Doc Alliance Selection (2023)
- Yamagata Intl. Documentary Film Festival (2023)
- Neisse Film Festival (2023)
DOK Leipzig: Golden Dove – Audience Award, DEFA Förderpreis
Duisburger Filmwoche: Audience Award of the Rheinischen Post, Honorable Mention
FILMZ Mainz: Best Documentary Award
Doc Alliance Award: Nomination