The dissertation will be in its final form a book and a documentary film that are in dialogue with one another. The written and scientific part of this research will look for ways in which way filmmakers can visualise and narrate trauma in live action documentaries.
Sharon Ryba-Kahn: "I focus on two very specific contexts and look at examples of collective and intergenerational trauma that first nations people in Australia endured and of second and third generation of survivors of the Shoah. While the film will be the artistic result of the research, the book is the scientific reflection on the artistic process to create."
- Project Lead: Sharon Ryba-Kahn
- Contact: srkahn(at)mac.com
- Webpage: www.tondowskiﬁlms.com/Films/PRODUCTIONS/DISPLACED
- PhD Advisors: Prof. Dr. Jens Eder and Prof. Angelina Maccarone
- Scientific / artistic PhD in the discipline: Screenwriting/Dramaturgy
- Grant: ELES Research Fellow