Important note on filmfriend and VPN in connection with the mail server changeover on 6/22/2021
In filmfriend and VPN, the LDAP password (called "email password" until 6/21) will remain the same for members of the Filmuni.
For filmfriend and VPN, please remember this password should it be different than your campus password.
The VPN service will be switched on 7/13. The other services will be switched to the campus login at a later date.
In case of login problems please contact the helpdesk of the IT-Service or write a mail to helpdesk [at] filmuniversitaet.de .
Library opening until July 16, 2021 - The regulations in detail
Monday: 10:00 - 18.00 hrs
Tuesday: 10:00 - 18:00 hrs
Wednesday: 10:00 - 19.00 hrs
Thursday: 10:00 - 18.00 hrs
Friday: 10:00 - 16.00 hrs
In addition, a limited number of workstations are available. Advance reservations are not required.
External users must contact ausleihe (at) filmuniversität.de in advance for verification of a valid reason.
Important: Reminder procedures will be resumed as of 6/14 and borrowed media must be returned. The accommodating return dates can be found in their library account.
The Film University's Current Restricted University Operations Information and the following behavioral and hygiene measures apply:
- If you experience any signs of illness, be sure to stay home.
- To maintain the minimum distance, the number of patrons allowed in the library at one time is reduced.
- The number of visitors is controlled by the UB carrying baskets. Therefore, each*user must carry a basket.
- For the purpose of tracking infection chains, we must also keep attendance lists. These lists are handled in accordance with data protection regulations and are destroyed in accordance with the guidelines.
- Don't forget your library card!
- You are required to wear a medical mask (e.g. surgical masks or FFP2 masks) in the Film University building and in the library. During the time spent at a seat, the mask can be taken off.
- Please wash/disinfect your hands before entering the library, observe hygiene rules when coughing and sneezing, and maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 m from other persons.
- Disinfectants are available for disinfecting your own workstation and the work equipment used (table, chair, scanner, self-check-in machine, etc.), and please use them independently.
- Jackets and bags can be carried in the reading room.
- Within the library, please observe our notices, distance markings and our guidance systems.
- Please prepare your visit well and do your research, as best you can, from home. Write down the location and signature of the items you want. When you come to return and check out items, try to keep your visit as short as possible.
- You can check out and return items on your own using the self-checkout system.
- Copying and scanning as well as research on selected PCs are possible again.
- If you have any questions regarding the use of the film archive and the press documentation, please contact the colleagues of the departments directly (on site / by e-mail / by phone).
We are very pleased to be available for you again for a longer period of time as of June 14. For contact reduction, however, we are also available by phone at +49 331-6202-401 as well as by e-mail at ausleihe (at) filmuniversitaet.de.
Your university library
Basement Stacks ("Magazin")
Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to view and borrow items from the basement stacks. We ask for your understanding!
The University Library of the Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF, founded in 1956, is a central institution of the university and is responsible for the provision and communication of scientific literature and information resources for researchers, teachers and students of the Film University. At the same time, it is available to an academic public with its extensive and historically valuable special collections on the fields of film, television and media.
The library is a place for learning and working. For this purpose, a large selection of study spaces as well as 3D-Blu-Ray, DVD and VHS viewing spaces - also for external users - are available.
We offer you:
- a book and magazine stock with 107,000 media items: inquiry / order request
- video library with 37,000 AV media items (3D-Blu-Ray,DVD,VHS): inquiry / order request
- a film archive with university productions with 19,000 media items: inquiry
- a press clippings archive with approx. 4 million press clippings: inquiry oder inquiry
- a digital university publications server OPUS: inquiry
Monday - Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Due to the tightened Corona measures, the library will only be open Mon-Thurs from 10am-4pm starting 2/1. We will be closed on Fridays for the time being. Please make increased use of our digital services and always feel free to contact ausleihe(at)filmuniversitaet.de with any questions. We will try to help you as best we can.
Corona-related restrictions apply. At the moment, due media are not reminded. Therefore, there are no new reminder fees.