On Friday, 1.12.2023, the library will close at 6 p.m. due to preparations for the power shutdown (maintenance on 2.12.). Computer systems may be down until 4.12.
New: Streaming films on Kanopy
Since the beginning of August, the University Library has licensed another streaming platform for members of the Film University. Kanopy is an on-demand streaming video service and provides access to approximately 2,500 feature films, documentaries, short films, and experimental films across a wide range of topics. Providers include: Samuel Goldwyn Films (arthouse cinema, world cinema, independent cinema), Kino Lorber (arthouse cinema, world cinema), Flicker Alley (film history features and documentaries), First Run Features (independent documentaries) and Umbrella Entertainment (Australian cinema). The diverse selection is further rounded out by works from filmmakers such as Les Blank and Jay Rosenblatt, who are featured exclusively on Kanopy.
The videos are mainly offered in English; optionally, subtitles (in English) can be added to many videos.
Signing up for Kanopy is easy:
- Open the website https://www.kanopy.com/en/filmuniversitaet
- Click twice on LOG IN TO FILMUNIVERSITAET
- A POP-UP window to the web login service of the Film University will open.
- Enter your campus account credentials here (like mail) and click Log In.
- Back on the Kanopy website, you will be asked to log in. This is not necessary. Click SKIP and continue without logging in. The purpose of an account is that you can create watch lists etc..
- Now you can watch the movies we have pre-selected.
Kanopy can be viewed on a computer, mobile device, or TV via a web browser that supports HTML5 video or the Kanopy app for Amazon Fire Tablet and Fire Stick, Android, Apple iOS, and Roku.
Basement Stacks ("Magazin")
Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to view and borrow items from the basement stacks. We ask for your understanding!
The University Library of the Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF, founded in 1956, is a central institution of the university and is responsible for the provision and communication of scientific literature and information resources for researchers, teachers and students of the Film University. At the same time, it is available to an academic public with its extensive and historically valuable special collections on the fields of film, television and media.
The library is a place for learning and working. For this purpose, a large selection of study spaces as well as 3D-Blu-Ray, DVD and VHS viewing spaces - also for external users - are available.
We offer you:
- a book and magazine stock with 107,000 media items: inquiry / order request
- video library with 37,000 AV media items (3D-Blu-Ray,DVD,VHS): inquiry / order request
- a film archive with university productions with 19,000 media items: inquiry
- a press clippings archive with approx. 4 million press clippings: inquiry
- a digital university publications server OPUS: inquiry
Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Please also note the announcements at the top of the page