Opening hours of the library in Wintersemster 2021/2021
Monday: 09:30 - 18.00 hrs
Tuesday: 09:30 - 18.00 hrs
Wednesday: 09:30 - 18.00 hrs
Thursday: 09:30 - 18.00 hrs
Friday: 09:30 - 16.00 hrs
In addition, a limited number of workstations are available. Advance reservations are not required.
External users must contact ausleihe (at) filmuniversität.de in advance for verification of a valid reason.
The Film University's Current Restricted University Operations Information and the following behavioral and hygiene measures apply:
- If you experience any signs of illness, be sure to stay home.
- To maintain the minimum distance, the number of patrons allowed in the library at one time is reduced.
- The number of visitors is controlled by the UB carrying baskets. Therefore, each*user must carry a basket.
- For the purpose of tracking infection chains, we must also keep attendance lists. These lists are handled in accordance with data protection regulations and are destroyed in accordance with the guidelines.
- Don't forget your library card!
- You are required to wear a medical mask (e.g. surgical masks or FFP2 masks) in the Film University building and in the library. During the time spent at a seat, the mask can be taken off.
- Please wash/disinfect your hands before entering the library, observe hygiene rules when coughing and sneezing, and maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 m from other persons.
- Disinfectants are available for disinfecting your own workstation and the work equipment used (table, chair, scanner, self-check-in machine, etc.), and please use them independently.
- Jackets and bags can be carried in the reading room.
- Within the library, please observe our notices, distance markings and our guidance systems.
- Please prepare your visit well and do your research, as best you can, from home. Write down the location and signature of the items you want. When you come to return and check out items, try to keep your visit as short as possible.
- You can check out and return items on your own using the self-checkout system.
- Copying and scanning as well as research on selected PCs are possible again.
- If you have any questions regarding the use of the film archive and the press documentation, please contact the colleagues of the departments directly (on site / by e-mail / by phone).
For contact reduction we are also available by phone at +49 331-6202-401 as well as by e-mail at ausleihe (at) filmuniversitaet.de.
Your university library
Basement Stacks ("Magazin")
Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to view and borrow items from the basement stacks. We ask for your understanding!
The University Library of the Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF, founded in 1956, is a central institution of the university and is responsible for the provision and communication of scientific literature and information resources for researchers, teachers and students of the Film University. At the same time, it is available to an academic public with its extensive and historically valuable special collections on the fields of film, television and media.
The library is a place for learning and working. For this purpose, a large selection of study spaces as well as 3D-Blu-Ray, DVD and VHS viewing spaces - also for external users - are available.
We offer you:
- a book and magazine stock with 107,000 media items: inquiry / order request
- video library with 37,000 AV media items (3D-Blu-Ray,DVD,VHS): inquiry / order request
- a film archive with university productions with 19,000 media items: inquiry
- a press clippings archive with approx. 4 million press clippings: inquiry
- a digital university publications server OPUS: inquiry
Monday - Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
During the lecture-free period:
Monday - Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Corona-related restrictions apply.