Due to the tightened Corona measures, the library will only be open Mon-Thurs from 10am-4pm starting 2/1. We will close on Fridays for the time being. Please make use of our digital offerings. Please direct questions to email@example.com
More info on Corona-related measures and guidelines
The reminder procedures are suspended again, borrowed media do not have to be returned for the time being, provided there are no reservations.
Please continue to contact us by email at ausleihe(at)filmuniversitaet.de if you need media or other assistance.
We will make every effort to obtain the media for you as an electronic resource or otherwise make it available to you.
What is allowed?
- Media checkout/return:
- Media may be independently removed from the open access area. Prepare your visit well and do your research at home. Please write down the location and signature of the desired media. There is only one PC available for quick research.
- Media can be borrowed from the lending and return machine or, if required, from the circulation desk with little contact.
- Media can be returned via the lending and return machine. Place the appropriate media in a book cart provided.
- Copying and scanning is possible. If necessary, please disinfect the equipment with the cleaning agents provided.
Due to hygiene measures because of the Corona pandemic, the following guidelines apply:
- For mutual protection, we ask that you wear Mouth-Nose Protection (MNS) in the library.
- Admission to the University Library is on an individual basis without an escort.
- To maintain the minimum distance, the number of patrons allowed in the library at one time must be reduced.
- The number of visitors is controlled by the distribution of baskets. Each user must carry a basket.
- All users will report to the circulation desk upon entering and leaving the University Library. For the purpose of tracking chains of infection, we also keep attendance lists. These lists are handled in accordance with data protection regulations and are destroyed after four weeks.
- Jackets and bags may be carried in this exceptional situation.
- Within the library, please observe our notices, distance markings and our guidance systems.
- Try to keep your stay as short as possible (max. 20 min.).
- Do not forget your library card!
- Please bring your own working materials.
- If you have any questions regarding the use of the film archive and the press documentation, please contact the colleagues of the departments directly (on site / by e-mail / by phone).
Basement Stacks ("Magazin")
Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to view and borrow items from the basement stacks. We ask for your understanding!
The University Library of the Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF, founded in 1956, is a central institution of the university and is responsible for the provision and communication of scientific literature and information resources for researchers, teachers and students of the Film University. At the same time, it is available to an academic public with its extensive and historically valuable special collections on the fields of film, television and media.
The library is a place for learning and working. For this purpose, a large selection of study spaces as well as 3D-Blu-Ray, DVD and VHS viewing spaces - also for external users - are available.
We offer you:
- a book and magazine stock with 107,000 media items: inquiry / order request
- video library with 37,000 AV media items (3D-Blu-Ray,DVD,VHS): inquiry / order request
- a film archive with university productions with 19,000 media items: inquiry
- a press clippings archive with approx. 4 million press clippings: inquiry oder inquiry
- a digital university publications server OPUS: inquiry
Monday - Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Due to the tightened Corona measures, the library will only be open Mon-Thurs from 10am-4pm starting 2/1. We will be closed on Fridays for the time being. Please make increased use of our digital services and always feel free to contact ausleihe(at)filmuniversitaet.de with any questions. We will try to help you as best we can.
Corona-related restrictions apply. At the moment, due media are not reminded. Therefore, there are no new reminder fees.