Studying at the Film University
Diversity is what makes us strong. From unique films to serial formats produced for diverse media channels, from moving images as a form of free artistic expression to market-oriented projects – anything is possible. In addition to learning all the necessary craft skills and receiving extensive support in the development of their own artistic profile, students of the Film University get the opportunity to explore all dimensions of film from a scientific, artistic, and technological perspective.
What we offer:
- Degree programs without tuition fees
- Individualized supervision by renowned instructors with extensive practical experience
- Outstanding technological equipment
- All film crafts under a single roof
- Student teamwork right from the first day
- Numerous opportunities to participate in national or international collaborative projects with high-level partners
- Active involvement in the creative scene of the media city of Babelsberg
- A service-oriented administration and a family-friendly environment
- A wide range of measures to ensure organizational and, in particular, financial support during your studies, research, and production activities
- Mentoring during the transition to professional practice or an academic career
We consider our students to be the creatives of tomorrow who will leave their mark on the further development of filmic thinking and practice. We look forward to working with creative, curious, bold, and confident people with individual artistic and technical skills, social competence, and an awareness of the responsibility connected to working in filmmaking and the social impact of film as a medium.
Prospective students are invited to join us and experience the Film University during our Open House events held every year in early November, an appointment with the Student Advisement Center, or a personal advice session with a professor. Appointments and sessions can be scheduled all year round.