Evaluation of Certificates

For specific degree programs, applicants holding a foreign university entrance qualification must have uni-assist review and rate their certificates before applying. Only certified copies of certificates will be processed.

About uni-assist

Uni-assist evaluates whether your certificates fulfill the requirements of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (Kultusministerkonferenz) to be admitted to a German institute of higher education and converts foreign grades into the German grading scheme. Uni-assist will charge a fee for the evaluation. After the successful check of your certificates uni-assist will issue a document called “Preliminary Review Documentation” (Vorprüfungsdokumentation – VPD). Please attach this documentation to your application.

Important: uni-assist merely conducts a first review of certificates for Film University Babelsberg Konrad Wolf and creates a "preliminary review documentation" (VDP).

In the next step, applicants must send their application documents, the application form from the Film University's online application portal, the VDP, and all other required documents directly to the university within the stipulated deadline!

Please note that registering with uni-assist alone is not sufficient. All applicants must additionally apply via the Film University's online application portal. Please do not send any work samples to uni-assist.

Please contact uni-assist well in advance to be able to participate in the Film University's admission procedure.FAQs about the application procedure can be found on the  uni-assist website.

Who needs to contact uni-assist before applying?

B.A. programs:

  • Applicants to the B.A. programs Digital Media Culture, Film and Television Production, Sound, and Set Design who have acquired their university entrance qualification outside of Germany.

M.A. programs:

  • Applicants to all M.A. programs of the Film University who have acquired their first academic degree outside of Germany.

Who does not need to contact uni-assist?

  • Applicants with a German university entrance qualification or an academic degree acquired in Germany
  • Applicants with an APS certificate (China,  Vietnam)
  • Applicants who have successfully completed a Studienkolleg course fulfilling the requirements of their degree program of choice in Germany
  • Applicants to all B.A. programs not listed above


When do you need to contact uni-assist?

Certificate evaluations are offered all year round, independent of the application period for your program of choice. Please note that the processing of your application documents (which begins upon receipt of your application documents and payment of the fee) will take approx. 6 to 8 weeks.

Which documents do you need to submit to uni-assist?

B.A. programs:

  • Completed application form (available on the uni-assist website)
  • Certified copy of your university entrance qualification certificate / school-leaving certificate, including an overview of your grades
  • Copies of university course certificates (if applicable)

M.A. programs:

  • Completed application form (available on the uni-assist website)
  • Certified copy of your first academic degree certificate, including an overview of your grades

For certificates that are not written in German or English, please provide a certified translation in addition to the original document

Applying via uni-assist

  1. Register via the uni-assist online portal
  2. Select Film University Babelsberg Konrad Wolf and your degree program(s) of choice.
  3. Complete the necessary forms and submit them to uni-assist together with all required documents.
  4. ePay the handling fees to uni-assist

Important: The uni-assist website lists all degree programs offered by Film University. However, only the application periods and deadlines specified on the university website are valid.

Submitting documents

You can submit your documents to uni-assist online.