We are happy about your interest in our study programs. Please find all the information you need concerning how to apply and all requested application materials.
Please note: As both the application deadline and the process of assessing applicants' aptitude for the program might change, please make sure to visit our website on a regular basis for up-to-date information.
Students who wish to be admitted to the program must meet the admission criteria and successfully prove their artistic eligibility to enroll. The assessment of applicants' artistic eligibility encompasses the pre-selection process and the admission test, both of which will be conducted according to the applicable regulations and statutes of Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF.
Only online applications will be accepted. The application form will be available during the application period (please see section 2. online application).
Applications are accepted only once a year for the Winter Semester. The application period is January 4, 2021 through January 31, 2021. Please note that this is a receipt deadline, not a postmark deadline.
1. Application materials
All applicants have to submit the requested materials in section 1.1. to 1.4., section 1.3. applies only if the Higher Education Entrance Qualification was not obtained in Germany or at a German school abroad and the applicant does not have the German citizenship.
Please submit your application as one combined document with continuous page numbers, sorted in the following order and use loose binding, such as clip binders or plastic grips (no spiral, coil, comb or other fixed binding types).
Written application documents and work samples must be submitted in German.
1.1. General documents
- The signed print-out of the online completed application form
- A CV in tabular form
- An explanation why you wish to enroll in the program
1.2. University entrance qualification certificate
The university entrance qualification complies with §9, paragraphs 2 - 4 of the Brandenburg Higher Education Act.
German university entrance qualification certificate
- i.e. a copy of the certificate proving your general or specialized university entrance qualification; applicants who do not hold either of the certificates mentioned above / an equivalent certificate are asked to submit their most recent school certificate
International university entrance qualification certificate
International applicants holding a university entrance qualification from a non-German-speaking institution / foreign school must submit the certificates as original documents or copies, that have been legally certified. If certificates are not written in German or English, a legally certified translation must be included as an original document or a copy that has been legally certified.
Please note: for applicants from the People’s Republic of China and the Socialistic Republic of Vietnam special arrangements apply.
1.3. Language requirements
International applicants holding a university-entrance qualification from a non-German-speaking institution are required to show that they have achieved an overall rating of at least DSH-2 in the DSH ("Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang" / German Language Test for University Admission) test or provide an equivalent language certificate complying with the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Please submit a copy of the language certificate. Please inform about the accepted German language proficiency certificates of the study program.
Note: Further information if your German proficiency is lower than the required level.
1.4. Certificates / references of practical experience
- Certificates / references (certified copies) providing evidence of at least 26 weeks of practical experience in the relevant professional field at the time of applying. Certificates / references should detail the type, scope, and quality of work performed. Applicants are expected to have relevant practical experience as a production assistant, production coordinator, assistant production coordinator, or production trainee / intern in the public or private audio-visual media business. Under certain conditions, vocational training will be accepted as an internship, provided the applicant received training directly related to the development, production, and / or implementation of film, TV, or media projects.
- Applicants must describe and evaluate their practical experience in written reports (e.g., 4 internships = 4 reports).
- A table listing your professional experiences (click here for the template)
3. Submit your application materials
All application documents are to be handed in via regular mail as well as digitally via email.
Please submit the application materials after successful completion of the online application. Clearly indicate your name and applicant number (you will find the applicant number on the print-out of the online completed application form) on all application materials and send them to the following address within the stipulated deadline:
Filmuniversität Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF
Studiengang BA Film- und Fernsehproduktion
Additionally, please send all texts as one single .pdf file (labelled with your name and applicant number) via emila to production.bewerbungen(at)filmuniversitaet.de
- This is a receipt deadline, not a postmark deadline. Applicants who wish to personally submit their application documents can do so Monday through Friday at the university reception office / mail room.
- Postal items requiring the payment of C.O.D. or customs charges upon receipt will not be accepted.
- Applications that are incomplete and / or submitted after the specified deadline and / or for which the application fee has not been paid will not be processed.
- We will confirm the receipt of your application in writing. Please do not call us to inquire about your application status.
Based on the materials submitted, the admissions committee will decide which applicants will receive permission to take the admission test and inform them in writing.
5. Admission Test
Practical / Written assignment:
- Practical assignment on the implementation of a film or television project (calculation, shooting schedule, financing, equipment, leading a team, etc.)
- Questions relating to the film and television industry
- Interview on the materials submitted and the practical / written assignment. Applicants are expected to demonstrate their suitability for the program by showing that they are able to combine production organization and creative aspects in their explanations.
Normally, the admission test results will be communicated in writing to the applicant no later than 4 weeks after the last test.
For questions related to the program, please contact the program office to book an academic advising appointment.