FUCHSTEUFELSSCHATTIG is what Jennifer Beitel and Markus Traber call their installation "shadowing", which they regularly perform with their company Fuchsteufels. Everything started with a study project by Jennifer in 2018. Afterwards Jennifer and Markus continued to work diligently on the project and have since exhibited it several times.
Shadowing is a kind of photo-booth, with which visitors* can take pictures of their shadows and download them directly to their own mobile phone. As an extension Markus has developed an AI voice assistant, which accompanies visitors interactively through the recording process in an entertaining way.
"The project gives a voice to our shadow, which feels completely neglected because of all the selfies."
- Project Documentation Stadt für eine Nacht, 2018
- Project Documentation Tag der Offenen Tür, Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF, 2018
- Project Documentation Tag der Offenen Tür, Fulda University of Applied Sciences, 2019
Get to know the foxes: the company Fuchsteufels.
- Photoresistor (on Arduino Micro): Light barrier to detect if people are close enough to the canvas
- Kinect 360: Track if people pass by
- Microphone: Speech recognition
- Speaker: Speech synthesis
- Monitor: Visual representation of KAI and photo download
#interaction #installation #physical_computing #creative_coding
Time and Place: On-going
Advisor: Prof. Dr. Lena Gieseke