Prof. Angelina Maccarone
Among others, Maccarone developed the LIEBESSZENEN course, which focuses on challenges associated with the filmic depiction of intimacy and physicality.
Before building a reputation as a screenwriter and director, Angelina Maccarone wrote song lyrics for Udo Lindenberg and other artists. She earned an M.A. degree in German Studies and American Studies from the University of Hamburg. After the successful premiere of her first film KOMMT MAUSI RAUS?! as part of the ARD series "Wilde Herzen" in 1995, Maccarone wrote and directed several TV films, including three TATORT episodes and one POLIZEIRUF episode. Her first feature film FREMDE HAUT earned her a Hessian Film Award in 2005. In 2006, VERFOLGT won a Golden Leopard award at the Locarno Film Festival. Likewise, her film VIVERE received international praise and was honored with an Outstanding Artistic Achievement Award at Outfest Los Angeles in 2007. 2011 saw the premiere of THE LOOK, a documentary about actress Charlotte Rampling, at the Cannes Film Festival. In 2012, the film was nominated for a German Film Award. In collaboration with writer Carolin Emcke, she produced the social spot campaign TOLERANT? SIND WIR SELBER, which has been shown in numerous cinemas and on YouTube. Maccarone worked as a freelance lecturer for many years at, among others, the German Film and Television Academy (DFFB) in Berlin and several universities in the US. She has been a professor of Directing at Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF since 2014. Maccarone lives in Berlin and is currently working on her feature film KLANDESTIN, which received a German Film Award in the category Best Unfilmed Script in 2017.
- 2011 THE LOOK (Screenplay & Direction), Festivals: Cannes (Official Selection), Munich, Hong Kong, and others, Awards: nominated for a German Film Award in the category Best Documentary in 2012
- 2006 VIVERE (Screenplay & Direction) , Festivals: Tribeca FF New York (Competition), Gothenburg, Copenhagen, Ludwigshafen, SEOUL International Women's Film Festival, Haifa, Karlovy Vary, and others, Awards: Outstanding Artistic Achievement Award, Outfest Los Angeles
- 2005 VERFOLGT (Direction), Festivals: Locarno, Hof, Shanghai, Brooklyn, Créteil International Women's Film Festival, and others, Awards: "Golden Leopard" (Cinéastes du Présent Competition), Locarno Film Festival
- 2004 FREMDE HAUT (Screenplay (with Judith Kaufmann) & Direction), Festivals: Karlovy Vary (Competition), Thessaloniki, Diagonale Graz, and others, Awards: Hessian Film Award, Golden Aphrodite for Best Feature Film at Cyprus International Film Festival, Best Feature Film at Bilbao Zinegoak, People's Choice Award at Vancouver International Film Festival, Great Jury Prize at Image Nation Film Festival Montreal, Best Narrative Feature at Seattle International Film Festival
- 2009 TATORT: Borowski & die Sterne (Screenplay & Direction)
- 2008 TATORT: Erntedank e. V. (Screenplay & Direction)
- 2007 TATORT: Wem Ehre gebührt (Screenplay & Direction), Festivals: Filmfest Hamburg
- 1998 EIN ENGEL SCHLÄGT ZURÜCK (Screenplay (with Michaela Ewers) & Direction), Festivals: London, Filmfest Hamburg, and others, Awards: Best Screenplay Award of MSH Filmförderung, Best TV Film at Cologne Conference
- 1997 ALLES WIRD GUT (Screenplay (with Fatima El-Tayeb) & Direction), Festivals: London, Toronto, San Francisco, New York, Cape Town, Johannesburg, and others, Awards: Audience Award at Outfest Los Angeles, Audience Award at New Festival New York, Audience Award at Toronto InsideOut Film Festival
- 1994 KOMMT MAUSI RAUS?! (Screenplay & Direction), Awards: Best Treatment Award of the Hamburg Office of Cultural Affairs, nominated for a Telestar Award in the category Young Talent