Jörn Krug holds a Diplom degree in Media Studies and is in charge of the Startup Center of Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF and the project Move2startup. He is the university's main contact person for all questions related to entrepreneurship. Jörn Krug supports students, alumni, and members of the academic staff – from the first business idea to the transition to the market. He offers advice, guidance, and media-specific startup training as well as coaching in collaboration with external coaching partners.
Krug specializes in innovations in entertainment media. He initially studied Arts and Media, German Studies, and Psychology at Universität Oldenburg and completed his degree in AV Media Studies at the Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF. His professional experience includes being an expert author in the field of internet development, teaching, coaching, research coordination, and freelance script editing for Germanys*s largest public broadcaster ZDF. In 2007, he co-established the business start-up project MEDIA EXIST. In the PROGRESS network, he was responsible for coordinating media activities. Moreover, he is involved in several transfer projects such as the Train Transnational startup research project.
- Creative startups and freelance work
Research and Teaching Interests
- Research and development in popular narratives
- Content and technology
- Innovations in film, TV, games, and new media
- Business development
- Computervisualisierte Figuren als filmische Innovation. In: M. Wedel (ed.): Special Effects in der Wahrnehmung des Publikums. Springer, 2016
- Beratung und Coaching in der Kreativwirtschaft. Kohlhammer Verlag, Stuttgart, with K.-D. Müller and W. Flieger, 2011
Films / Projects