Since June 2022 Lisa Plumeier works as a lecturer and research associate at the chair of Aesthetics and Analysis of Audiovisual Media and is doing her PhD on User Generated Shorts on TikTok.
She graduated with a B.A. in Linguistics and Literature at the University of Erfurt and the University of York. After a brief synthesis of disciplines and a year of study in Media Linguistics at TU Berlin, she began her M.A. in Media Studies at the Film University. Her master's thesis focused on the challenges of the platform economy and the opportunities of co-creative approaches for media education.
In addition to her academic career, she is interested in the distribution and exhibition cycles of audiovisual media. In 2019, she was the festival manager of the film festival Sehsüchte and served as producer of the short film "Gesetz des Atmens", which premiered at the Max Öphüls Award in 2019. Lisa was also a participant in the dffb's post-graduate program NEXT WAVE that focused on 21st-century film markets and audience engagement.
- Media and Communication Studies
- Media Impact and Media Reception Studies
- Digital Media Analysis
- Participatory Media Practices and Co-Creation
- Intersectional Theory in Media and Communication Studies
- Media Audiences and Users
- Claudia Wegener, Kirsten R. Müller-Vahl, Carolin Fremer, Lisa Plumeier, Yulia Yurtaeva-Martens, Luise Laudenbach & Anna Pisarenko (2022): Dissemination and reception of a functional tourette-like behavior via YouTube: a qualitative study with German patients, Information, Communication & Society, DOI: 10.1080/1369118X.2022.2133550
- Wegener, Claudia, Jage-D’Aprile, Friederike & Plumeier, Lisa (2022). Motherhood in social media: phenomena and consequences of the professionalization of mothers and their media (self-)representation, Feminist Media Studies, https://doi.org/10.1080/14680777.2022.2108479