Prof. Dr.-Ing. Angela Brennecke
Real-time & Interactive Audio & Graphics Applications, Software Development, Music & Media Technologies, Project Management & Agile Workflows
Teaching & Research Interests
- Creative Coding
- Generative Audio
- Music & Media Technologies
- Music & Visuals
- Sonified Illustration
- Non-Photorealistic Rendering
- Arts, Sciences, Humanities
Angela Brennecke is Professor of „Audio and Interactive Media Technologies/ Directing Audio Processing“ in the Master's program „Creative Technologies“ at the Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF. Angela graduated as an Engineer in Computational Visualistics in 2004 and completed her doctoral degree program in Computer Graphics in 2009. Due to her lifelong passion for music, thereafter she worked as a software developer and technical project manager for „Native Instruments“ from 2009 to 2014. In 2015, Angela took a break from business to pursue personal artistic goals as well as to set new goals in her professional career. The following year, she joined the „Innovation Projects“ team of the German public broadcaster „Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg“ as project engineer and participated in several research proposals for H2020 before becoming professor of Film University in August 2017. Her research interests focus on audio-visual mood representation as well as interactions with sound through visuals.
- Elazari, H. & Brennecke, A. (2018): Memories - A Concept for an Interactive Projection Mapping Installation. Kultur & Informatik: Hybrid Systems, pp. 125-130.
- Patz, N., Brennecke, A. Fuhrhop, C. (2016): Interactive Storytelling & Audio Apps for HbbTV: Forum Medientechnik und All Around Audio Symposium, 23./24. November 2016, St. Pölten.
- Brennecke, A. (2009): A General Framework for Digital Game-Based Training Systems. Dissertation, Universität Rostock 2009.
- Brennecke, A. und Schumann, H. (2009): A General Framework for Digital Game- Based Training Systems. IADIS Game and Entertainment, pp. 51–59.
- Brennecke, A., Schlechtweg, S. und Schumann, H. (2008): Game-Based Training in an Interactive Environment by means of OpenCrimeScene. Theory and Practice of Computer Graphics 2008, pp. 167–170.
- Brennecke, A., Panzer, C. und Schlechtweg, S. (2008): vSLRcam—Taking Pictures in Virtual Environments. The Journal of WSCG, 16(1–3):9–16.
- Brennecke, A., Schlechtweg, S. und Strothotte, T. (2007): OpenCrimeScene Review Log: An Interaction Log in a Virtual Crime Scene Investigation Learning Environment. Computer Graphics Theory and Application 2007. pp. 185–190.
- Isenberg, T. und Brennecke, A. (2006): G-Strokes: A Concept for Simplifying Line Stylization. Computer & Graphics, 30(5):754–766.
- Isenberg, T., Brennecke, A., Sousa, M. C. und Carpendale, S. (2005): Beyond Pixels: Illustration with Vector Graphics. Technical Report, Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary, Canada.
- Brennecke, A. und Isenberg, T. (2004): 3D Shape Matching Using Skeleton Graphs. Simulation und Visualisierung 2004. pp. 299–310.
- HbbTV Awards 2017: Category “Best use of HbbTV for Broadcast Enhancement”: rbb, Band Camp Berlin. Judges considered this entry ‘original’, a ‘nice idea’ and ‘very comprehensive’. “Band Camp Berlin” is a HbbTV application created with the multi-platform application toolkit (MPAT) developed in the corresponding EU-project MPAT. Angela Brennecke participated as project engineer in the project and was involved in the development of “Band Camp Berlin” using MPAT.