Chandra Fleig is a musician, singer-songwriter, tonmeister and part time senior lecturer in the „MA/MMus Film Music“ and „Bachelor of Fine Arts/BFA Sound“ department at Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF.
He completed his studies in Popular Music and Sound Technology at Paul McCartney's Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts in 2001, where he has been awarded with the Sennheiser scholarship. Since then he has composed, produced and mixed music and soundtracks as a songwriter and filmmaker in the film, tv, advertising and music industry, including appearances at national, international film festivals such as DOK Leipzig, Berlinale, German and British television. Beside his musical career he has worked many years as a free lancer in more than 200 TV and film productions, in the field of video-, audio- and musicproduction including clients such as WDR, ARD, BBC, SAT.1, RTL and MTV Europe and software companies such as Avid Technology and Native Instruments.
Focus of work and main interests are:
- Sound and music recording
- Music production
- Music technology
- Virtual instruments
- Sound synthesis
- Music mixing
- Audio post production
- Music editing
- Music supervising
Research fields and studies:
- Exploration of historical and modern filmmusic and popular music production. Current research project „Reverse music production in film music and popular music“
Additional lectures and workshops:
- He has hold national and international lectures and workshops at University of Applied Sciences Mainz, Aalto-University Helsinki, Design Department Academy Düsseldorf, Berlinale Talent Campus, Animago Conference, CeBIT, IFA, Mac Expo, Didacta Fair, Photokina, DAAD and Musik Messe Frankfurt.
Current cooperation projects:
- Animation unplugged - Cooperation project with Prof. Gil Alkabetz and the Animation M.F.A. program
- Potsdam on stage - Cooperation project with Stadtwerke Festival in Potsdam
- Co-founder of the center for popular music in Brandenburg ZPOP