“If you want to build a ship,” advises Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, “then don't drum up people to gather wood, assign tasks and divide up the work, but teach the people to long for the vast, endless sea.”
- Project start:
- Project completion:
Cinematic sci-fi visions of the future are usually dystopias. The ArtForFuture-Lab is developing an international online future museum that interactively and co-creatively takes on the challenges of the 21st century. Due to the complex socio-economic, cultural and ecological issues, strong images and value-based visions are required in order to be able to steer towards positive, sustainable futures.
We work with methods that have been modified from world-building, design-thinking, re-gnosis and future prototyping. Based on an interdisciplinary and scenographically designed online play area, scenes for the year 2050 are developed. Extensively researched archives provide knowledge of already existing solutions as well as dramaturgical inspiration for acting characters and scouted locations. These are based on utopias such as the "Technotransformation World" (relies on solutions through technological progress) and the "New Greening World" (relies on natural life and product concepts such as bioeconomy or a circular society). We strive for a creative high-tech cooperation platform for collaboration with research institutions.
The innovative, participatory developed outputs serve as a prelude to long-term-oriented processes in which formats for exhibition, internet, print, book and TV are to be used across the media. Social media clips are a way of telling visionary solutions in an exciting, informative and inspiring manner in series format. The ArtForFuture-Lab researches media formats and develops an emotionally imaginable, fact-based approach that can bring civil society into action. Fears about the future that are widespread at the moment are being replaced by positive narratives.
Website resulted of an ArtForFuture-Lab / New Greening Workshop on 11.5.2021 at Filmuniversity Babelsberg:
Team: Sebastian Esposito (MA VFX), Jana Herrmann MA VFX), Josephine Bischof (MA Digitale Medienkultur), https://josephinebischoff.wixsite.com/projektmomentum
- ArtForFuture-Lab@Climate SciFi: Art and Business-Cooperations for a sustainable Live-Event. A collaboration between HTW Berlin and Filmuniversity Babelsberg, 27.10. and 3.11.2021
- ArtForFuture-Lab @ Entrepreneurship Summit, 23.10.2021, 10:45 - 13:00
- For Futures Summit, 30.05.2 020
- Zukunftsbeben, Hackathon and Design-Workshop, Filmuniversität Babelsberg, 03. - 10.06. 2020
- ArtForFuture-Lab: CO-IMAGINATIONS and CO-PRODUCTIONS, Kepler's Garden, Ars Electronica, 10.09. 2020
- Future Prototyping of Kärcher 2050, 18.11. 2020
- ArtForFuture-Lab @The Future Living - Conference, 6.5. 2021
- New Greening Design-Workshop, Filmuniversität Babelsberg 26.4. - 7.5. 2021
- The Future of Art - Workshop 13.4. 2021, Filmuniversität Babelsberg & with international guests from e.g. Maastricht University
- ArtForFuture-Lab / New Greening, 11.5. 2021, Filmuniversität Babelsberg & with international guests from e.g. Goldsmith University London
- Presentation ArtForFuture-Lab @International GEECT-Conferenz "Transversal Entanglement - Artistic Research in Film", 3rd June 2021
- Presentation ArtForFuture-Lab @ UpdateDeutschland since 15th April 2021
Workshop @ Leuphana Utopia Camp initiated by the transformation researcher Maya Goepel and the philosopher Richard David Precht, August 24 & 25 2021, 9-19 CET
ArtForFuture-Lab @ Impact Festival 17.9.2021, 10:30 - 12:00 CET
- ArtForFuture-Lab @ International Transdisciplinary Conference, 24.9. 2021, 13:30 – 15:00 CET
- Presentation & Workshops @ Zero Waste Berlin Festival 17. - 19.9. 2021
Concept and Realization:
Prof. Angelica Böhm, Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole Loeser, Institute for Art and Innovation e.V., email@example.com
Design & Research AFFL playing area:
Kay Scholz, Lucia Eifler, Franziska Herbes, Jan Schneider
Jan Schneider, Emad Metwally
Design Workshop “Zukunftsbeben” Videoclips:
Aisha Muthesius, Philomena Koebele, Kasia Zucheka, Anna Laszlo, Antonia Nestler, Linda Bruna
Scientists for Future, AWI, Ars Electronica, IKF, Potsdam UNESCO-City of Film, Made out of WHAT!?, Makers4Humanity etc.